How exactly a customer behaves on a website? This question sets the most important parameter in a successful conversion journey. For some industries, like e-commerce, only 2% of people convert on their first visit. So what do you think, has to be done to improve upon and get the sales figure soaring flying colors? Later, learn how our core product Helo SMS Campaigns can combine retargeting with one of its many unique features to deliver a successful campaign which no one has innovated yet.
But first for retargeting – Luckily, you can smooth the path by including retargeting campaigns as part of your strategy. People who have already visited your website but took no action, or have given you their email from a previous transaction, can be reactivated through ads that help them take that next step from consideration to conversion.
There are a few ways to implement retargeting; the two main ways being pixel-based retargeting and list-based retargeting.
Pixel-based retargeting is the most common:
- You add a pixel to strategic areas of your site.
- When someone visits your site, the pixel drops an anonymous browser cookie that tracks the products/pages they view on your site.
- When they leave your site, this cookie notifies the ad networks you’ve integrated that they should serve those user-specific ads based on the pages they visited on your website.
There are a few basics you should implement to get the most out of pixel-based retargeting:
- Do not target ads to people who actually did convert. This makes you look silly and disorganized and annoys your customers who already took the action you’re asking them to take again. Alternatively, use another pixel to track converted visitors and re-engage them in another way, with an ad for related products or services, or with a discount code for a future purchase.
- Retargeting demands unique creative, ongoing optimization, and sometimes custom landing pages. Ads that speak to someone who’s never heard of your brand vs. someone who came within inches of converting should clearly differ.
We are sure you’ve experienced some level of retargeting if you’ve “window shopped” online but didn’t complete a purchase. At the present moment, Myntra is haunting me with retargeted ads for a pair of Adidas originals exclusive shoes which is too pricey for me to buy.
List-based or email retargeting starts with existing contacts in your customer, user or prospect lists.
- You upload a list of email addresses to a retargeting campaign on a site like Facebook or through some other display network.
- The site identifies users on the network with those email addresses and serves retargeting ads specifically to them.
List-based retargeting can be highly customized and specific because you have more control over who goes on the list and can base your lists on actions each user has taken.
If you’re utilizing email marketing as a way to connect with prospects or customers, you can target ads to users who clicked on a product in your email with more information to activate them. Or, you can re-engage with them through display advertising if they haven’t opened your emails in a while.
Ways to Retarget With Facebook Custom Audiences
Facebook offers several ad retargeting methods, and to use them you have to have a Facebook custom audience:
- You can use pixel-based retargeting and focus on only a portion of traffic that visited a specific page on your site by customizing URL elements to match specific pages you want to remind visitors of.
- You can use list-based retargeting by uploading an Excel file with a column of subscriber email addresses. Depending on your list size and how well your own list is scrubbed & segmented, you can layer additional targeting on top of these users to serve up ads only to men or women, for example, or only to users who are 21-30 years old or even based on their interests for even more relevance.
- You can also create custom lookalike audiences that share characteristics of your existing audience and who may be likely to be interested in your products and services (this doesn’t fall under retargeting since you can’t retarget people who have never interacted with your site or brand before, but a relevant and powerful way to use the platform regardless).
With Helo SMS Campaigns, you can combine your SMS targeting with social media targeting for successful conversions. Helo Platform automates the SMS Campaign reports and segments the Non-clickers & DND (Do not disturb) numbers from the database and automatically ads it to a custom audience of the client’s ad manager account. Both consists almost 85% of the total database which in normal circumstances will go waste but not with retargeting strategy. These Non-clickers & DND numbers are later targeted with specific ad strategy and landing page which differ from the regular ad communication. You can also get separate segmentation of user behavior as tracked by the pixel integrated into specific areas of the website.
Helo Platform integrated with social media targeting is a way to improve campaign performance and get the most out of the advertising spend. For some of our clients and industries, it’s so profitable and has shown to drive down CPA’s that it commands the bulk of the budget over prospecting new leads and customers.
Get in touch with us to get a free demo. Visit : www.helo.co.in or give a missed call on +91 83 83 83 83 99