As an additional mechanism to curb down pesky SMS, a recent direction of TRAI (Telecom Regulatory Authority of India) has recently enacted agreements between operators, which has significantly, increased the cost of sending SMS by Telecom.
Effective from November 7th 2012, the highlights of the 5 new amendments are as follows:
- Limit of 100 SMS per day per SIM at discounted rates
- Telecom Operators to come up with technical solution to curb Promotional SMSes
- Consumer Complaint registration on Bulk SMSes made easy
- Operators to Send SMS to subscribers educating about Bulk SMS
- Operators to take ‘Undertaking’ in writing
Do share your thoughts on the same..